Sunday 17 January 2010

Aims and Objectives

Aims (what I want to do)
  • To create an animation suitable for a variety of festivals
  • Stick to a short, simple idea
  • Combine CG with one other medium
  • Make audio integral to the film
  • Create a name for myself
Objectives (why I want to do it)
  • To produce good quality animation for use in my show reel
  • To show a range of skills both in CG and in any other mediums I combine it with
  • To promote myself for future freelance work
With these main aims and objectives laid out, I can work towards a project theme...

Ever since seeing the Age of Stupid I've felt sort of guilty about studying animation. All i might end up doing is fueling the consumerist society and contributing to the bombardment of adverts that plague our every day. But then I realised that I could use animation in a good way, for environmental awareness, for providing solutions, for prompting change...

I would like to approach environmental issues in an entertaining way, keeping the audience engaged. The easiest way to do this would be through the use of humour. But I need to work out how I can make this serious subject funny. A topic like this will also show that I can promote something, while not necessarily a brand, climate change is a global problem and if I can prompt change in people it will make a difference.

I will try and focus on the everyday things that the average person can realistically change in their lives. I don't want to lecture, climate change is a well known problem and I think I can safely assume that most people know about it. What they may not know, or might need prompting on is what they can do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment