Wednesday 10 February 2010

Make a difference

Here's a slogan that I could play around with 'Make a difference before things get to different'. It takes scare tactics to the extreme- How different can things really get if we don't do anything? The worst case scenarios include widespread flooding, rising sea levels, drought, heatwaves and extreme weather. I think reveal gags could be a good source of humor for this one, the audience believes one thing but in the end it's revealed to be something else, something completely different.

Here's the first storyboard I made:



So the idea is that underwater life is as difficult and different as living on the moon. Though I thought the imagery would be pretty clear, it appears not as many people get the references (moon landing imagery and playing golf on the moon) as I'd hoped. Neither of my tutors got it without me explaining, I think my boyfriend was the only one that did and he's a physicist so would definitely get the reference. As I want to target these short ads to as many people as I can I don't think this storyboard is the best way to do it.



My second storyboard had a little more success...



Everyone that I showed this video to laughed and seemed to get it. The 'fish tank' to window reveal. I think it also has added humor with the contrast of cats and water and hopefully the cat's antics while trying to catch the fish on the other side of the glass will gain additional laughs.

It's estimated that 26% of UK households own cats and even more have seen cats in their funny antics. Funny cat and dog videos are some of the most watched on YouTube so an advert involving funny cats could have increased viral advertising potential. I'm going to expand more on the idea of combining cats and climate change.

No comments:

Post a Comment