Thursday 7 May 2009

First Ideas

FEAR, irrational, self induced, rational, elevated by peers or siblings, nightmares and monsters under the bed.

At the age of 7 most children have at least one fear, sometimes many more. Some children are more prone to getting scared than others, fear can thrill some and terrify others. Though I didn't have a fear as such, once I knew what another child's fear was, I would tend to scare them with it, making up stories and confronting them with things that scared them, like with my sister and spiders. It was a little cruel, yes. I guess I just found it funny that others could be scared so easily.

It would be interesting to do a story on an older sibling (like I am) scaring a younger one, but working himself up till he started to believe the stories he told were true.

Or perhaps a small child who confronts the monster under the bed and tries to make friends. A story about conquering fears and overcoming irrational thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment