Thursday 7 May 2009

Friends

I didn't have many friends at school, it was at that age of 'thumbs up', 'thumbs down' friends one day and not the next. I was just beginning to understand the true nature of friendship as being mutually good. Though from previous years of silliness and attention seeking, I had a hard time shaking off previous bad reputations. It didn't help that I occasionally still acted a bit crazy. I don't think it affected me much though, I had one friend at least, Simone who I had known practically from birth. Our parents were good friends and we were often at each others houses. I found this in the year three 'best book' again which gives an insight into what I believed a friend was at that age.


In class I guess I tended to act as the clown, distracting others from their work out of boredom, unable to keep still and be sensible.

I managed to find an old school report from the end of that year and the teachers say much the same thing: 'lacks concentration and distracts others'.... also 'difficulty cooperating with others during group work' I guess I was both an individual and preferred working individually.




1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed this post very much, it reminds me when i was back in my elementary school.
    hehe i like ur drawing.=)

    ReplyDelete