Monday 8 June 2009

Magician






Here's the fıle I sent to Ben (as its a group task) before I left for turkey, I'll edit thıs post when I get back to tell you a little more about it.

Edit:
I built up the layers, working over the rough stick man and building them up one by one. It took less time than it would have done, had I not had the movement figured out. I kept all the clothing on two layers (top and bottom) and kept them separate from everything else so I could easily change the colour and texture at a later date if I wanted to. I used toonboom as it allowed textured swatches. I used a canvas-like texture for the cloth, making it tillable in photoshop.




You can see the texture on the wizard's clothes in the full sized file: Here

To compensate for the hat being all black, I had to add other colours to it when the magician bowed so that you could still see the shape of it, I think I succeeded in (at least with the hat) making a 2D drawing take on three dimensional properties, having a top as well as a front and sides. I kept the triangle shape of the magician's face from the original designs. I'm pleased with how he turned out and I'm looking froward to seeing the whole group project composted together.

No comments:

Post a Comment