Monday 22 June 2009

Nimbus's tracks

I've been chatting to Nimbus over the net and he's sent me a few tracks from his upcoming album for his band, Crawlspace. They're all really atmospheric and fairly ambient, when I listen to them, my mind creates clear images of locations and atmospheres that the tracks remind me of. If a track can give me that clear an image, I'm thinking about what it can do to the audience... It would be very useful to have a soundtrack that creates such a clear sense of atmosphere and location. The tracks have really inspired me.

Best of all.. Nimbus said he'd love to collaborate on a soundtrack! :D He also said he could adapt any of the tracks he's sent me to suit a project I'm working on.

The album is quite dark, with a theme of "virus/disease/apocalypse" so I would have to think hard on who I want to Target the animation at. If I targeted it for film festivals, the subject matter wouldn't matter as much as it would for say a TV advert.

Here's a visualisation I made whilst listening to some of the tracks (Industrial ambiance 1-8) they gave me images of empty cities and warehouses, rusty pipes, filthy walls and floors, an approaching danger...


No comments:

Post a Comment