Tuesday 9 June 2009

Reviewing previous work



I was quite pleased with this animation once I had it completed, apart from the soundtrack, I need to get myself a better microphone or use the university's audio recording equipment. I like how the animation in it is subtle, but lifelike. On reflection though I could have done with a little more action.



I'm really happy with this animation, even now. The timing and weight of each object in the domino-effect chain all seem spot on. Looking at other peoples work has only improved my opinion of this one.



I loved working on this film with the rest of the group. I find group work rewarding as everyone can bounce ideas off one another and everyone is set towards a common goal. I fell into a fairly leading role in this project, I think I'm a natural leader as I'm good at solving problems, suggesting solutions that others could try. I usually fall into the leader role if nobody else takes it in order to motivate others. In terms of the animation in this, I think we did very well. We did not use tie downs, but perhaps we could have to eliminate the need for rigs. I like how the set looks, lit up with the lighting we experimented with. I'm pleased with how it turned out, especially the staircase, as I spent a good deal of time on it.



I love the characters created as an outcome of this brief. I think they fulfilled and exceeded what the client was asking for. Though I didn't complete any e-cards for him, I found the process rewarding. I also discovered that I could be very good at pitching an idea once I put my mind to it.



The speed and timing of this animation could be improved a lot but I think I managed to give the character sufficient weight.



I'm pleased with how I got across an emotion without the use of facial expressions, only body posture and gestures. I found that taking reference videos was really useful as part of the production process. I hope to remember that for my final year projects and on.



I enjoyed working with pastels on this one but it was very messy and time consuming. I didn't finish the animation but I like how the inverted colours came out. The small section of animation I did complete works well. I think I depicted the curious nature of a small child and how they are constantly asking for things to have, eat, play with, ride on, etc.






I found modelling and rigging a very tedious task and I'm disappointed that I didn't get to complete the final wire-walk animation. I love the character though. I wanted him to be the opposite of what you would expect for a wire walker, i.e. overweight and not very good at balancing- I think I succeeded on that front. I would like to complete the wire walk animation over the summer and experiment further with modelling and rigging. I don't want to forget the valuable skills I learned in this module.



I enjoyed this project, not least because I'm interested in science myself. I learned a lot of new skills in composting in after effects and would like to experiment further as I think I'm going to be using a combination of different media for next year, using what ever media is best to create the effect I'm after.

CITV Web Banner




I really enjoyed making a game on flash, I find coding rewarding for some strange reason, but only when it gets you the results you want. I followed a tutorial mainly, but where the tutorial ended I had to find my own way around the problems and discover ways to get the effect I wanted on my own. I found it interesting to look into new media and the way things are heading towards mobile and the web. Also finding it useful working to a younger target audience once I'd done the research behind that particular generation. I knew they play a lot of computer games as my brother does, so I structured the project around that and stuck to broadcasting media that allowed for audience interaction. I'm really pleased with the results.

Find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment