Friday 13 November 2009

Maya modelling




I used a box modelling method, using a sub div proxy to see how the smoothed model would look while working on a low res framework. By extruding faces, adjusting vertices and adding edge loops I could create the shapes I needed in line with the reference images.








With the modeling complete I mapped the uv's without unwrapping them to create simple blocks of colour.



The baboon was modeled in much the same way, using box modelling to get the basic shape then refining using the various polygon modelling tools.







I created the eyebrow separately by extruding a face along a curve, the same way I created the hair on Pete.



I just created two nurbs spheres for the butt. and parented them to the main body.



The pupils in the eyes are just a simple ramp shader.


I modeled the mansion/ castle by bridging between cylinders. The windows were then just deleted faces.



I extruded the edges of the windows and doors back into the castle to give them depth. As the castle will only be seen in its entirety from the front, and in silhouette from the back, I don't need to make any further changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment