Wednesday 14 April 2010

Character Modelling- Cat

I set up image planes in new cameras with a front, back and side view and saved a layout with all angles and saved it to my shelf to easily view and switch between them.




The modelling technique I used allows me to match the designs precicely and allows for intricate detail where its needed. Starting with a plane and extruding edges, I followed the designs set up in the imageplanes, modelling one side with the intention of mirroring the geometry over onto the other side.



While the eye sockets here matched the design, the shape needed altered to acomodate a sphere eyeball.

Also the mouth, not clear in the 2d design, needed to be made as the cat will need to open its mouth to meow. I made sure to keep decent edgeflow around the mouth and eyes to allow for better and more realistic deformation when it comes to rigging.






Instead of smoothing the model, creating more polygon faces and slowing down my computer, I just smoothed the normals for smoother shading.

Completed modelling

No comments:

Post a Comment