Monday 12 October 2009

Animatic Part 1

Here's the first half of the storyboard/ animatic. I didn't get to finish it due to some technical difficulties accessing the file once I'd saved it (toon boom storyboard file). I will be able to access the individual images, I'll just have to put them together on something else, like premiere. The full version should be complete by Friday. For the moment though, you can get an idea of the sorts of shots I'd like to have- Looking through things, mix of foreground/ background, unusual angles and perspectives. Characters are just rough here, I'll be working on their design this week.



I've been looking around for musicians to collaborate with. Of course I'll need my animatic complete to hand over to them once I find somebody suitable (and free). I've been listening to different types of fast paced chase music to get an idea of what I would like for my film. Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) provides lots of royalty free tracks sorted by feel, genre and mood. I just typed in 'chase' into the search and came up with these: Chase tracks

I like the sound of 'Chase Pulse Faster' and 'Zombie Chase'. He's also accepting commissions at the moment, though it won't be free. It'll probably cost in the range of £40-60 depending on how long a piece I want/ whether or not I want the whole thing scored. I'll still have to add in the Foley and dialogue myself of course. Once I've finished the animatic, I'll send it off to a few people, see if someone would like to collaborate on a short (about 3 minutes long) animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment