Tuesday 27 October 2009

Revised Animatic

I realised that the storyboard I had would be far to long and hard to accomplish to a good standard. I've revised the story, taking out the pet shop scene entirely. I extended the chase scene to the sort of length i originally envisioned.

I looked at a lot of Scooby Doo cartoons for ideas when it comes to being chased around a big mansion. I also tried to keep things abstract, at one point they just run along a line, at another, you can only see their footprints. I experimented with colour for the chase scene, hopefully highlighting the action and perceived danger. I made a couple of mood boards, which helped me a lot when it came to visualising the scenes.

The actual owner of the baboon is irrelevant. Instead, meet Pete the pet sitter. Arriving at the big mansion to look after a pet baboon (who knows his way around his haunt quite well...)


No comments:

Post a Comment