Thursday 22 October 2009

Chase scene style ideas

For the majority of the Chase scene, I plan to use flash instead of Maya, to save time and to give a stylised, abstract look to the action and the location, much in the style of Catch Me If You Can. I've been looking around for other influences too. A good place to look is opening/ ending title sequences for films, where the action of the film is abstracted and summarised.


Monsters inc. opening credits.



Catch me if you can, opening credits


Kiss Kiss Bang Bang


I like Saul Bass's graphic design with the clear shapes, bold colours and un-cluttered scenes. He did a lot of title sequences, like this one (It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World):



I also like the flow of the 'Edifice Sequence' from Saul Bass' Why Man Creates. It got me thinking that for the chase scene, perhaps I could have one background that just pans around while the characters move on it. Perhaps a big mansion with lots of intresting rooms (if the man can buy a baboon, he surely must be faily wealthy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment