Tuesday 20 October 2009

Baboon character Design

Pastel shape-play




How the baboon might run





I like the curves in this one



different shaped baboons






I liked these two drawings so decided to make a maquette so I could visualise it from all angles




Wire skeleton


I like the back, the butt and the legs


I may need to make the arms a little thinner at the top so it looks less gorrilla-like and more like a baboon


Hands could do with being a little smaller

Not too keen on the nose, too long and curved. Also the eyes need to be more inset, the brow heavier.


I will use these as the basis for my image planes for Maya but alter the nose, the brow, the hands and the arms



I also want to give him spikey hair, like in my first paper cut-outs. I like the brow in these too.


No comments:

Post a Comment